To download the PowerPoint viewer for your PC, follow these steps:
- Print this page so that you can click on the “Back” button on your web browser and then download either the Windows XP (or older versions of Windows) viewer or the one compatible with Windows Vista and Office 2007.
- Once you have clicked on the proper version of the viewer to download, if you are given a screen that has an option to “Run” the program, choose this option. That way your PC will automatically extract the viewer and install it on your PC when it is done downloading. You can now skip to step number 6.
- If you don’t have the option to ‘Run’, then pick ‘Save’. When you have clicked on ‘Save’ you will be given the option of where you would like to save the program on your PC. Click on ‘Desktop’ so that it will be saved there.
- When it has been downloaded to your desktop, you will need to go to your desktop (there is usually a button that will take you there that looks like a miniature monitor in the lower left corner of your screen, and when your cursor is over the proper button it will say ‘Show Desktop’). Click on this button.
- On your desktop, there will now be a new icon that says either ‘ppviewer.exe” or “PowerPointViewer.exe” depending on which version you downloaded. Double click on this icon and then answer the questions ‘Yes’ so that it can be installed on your PC.
- You are now ready to download our PowerPoint presentations. They should now automatically see the viewer is installed on your PC and then run for you when you download them.